Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Alley (gulp)

In order to take a hot shower or use the hot plate, I have to venture between our house and another building and turn on the gas. If its for the shower, I have to light the water heater. Not a big deal, pretty easy to do. Not something I've ever done before but this trip is about new experiences right?! Easy peasy.

Except . . . In this small alley lives a not so small possum. I hate possums, with that rat tail and those beady eyes and the way they hiss at you. Disgusting. Problem solved, I will not go in the alley when it's dark, even if it means taking a cold shower. And if I must go back there to get the gas turned on for the hot plate, it's one of those deals where I look back in the alley, listen for that nasty possum, turn on the gas, open the line and then Usain Bolt my ass back to the house.

¡Guácala!


3 comments:

  1. Loving this blog Sarah! You're making me laugh daily!! Sounds like you are adjusting well to not having the conveniences that we all take for granted back in the states. I think you have a lot of your dad's blood in you to enjoy roughing it so much. Pretty soon you will have that possum mounted on the wall, in true Scott fashion! :) See you in March.....love you! Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news - well, that sounds super mean but, the possum is gone, he got squished by a taxi in the road. I finally feel safe to light the hot water heater. Hurry up and get here Aunt Shelley!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! At least you saw the evidence, I guess. :) Any other interesting creatures?

    ReplyDelete