Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lavanderia

The best thing about living in Mexico - the climate. It's freaking gorgeous every day. But with no AC, that means I sweat like a pig. All the time. I sweat from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I have a fan that is about 2 feet from me when I sleep. I take a shower and then I have to sit in front of the fan. I brought a blow dryer down here, I think if I actually attempted to dry my hair, I'd have to get back into the shower. Because I am so sweaty, I go through about 2 shirts a day. After 10 days here I already needed to take clothes to the laundry.

I didn't mind doing laundry at home, not a huge fan of folding clothes and putting them away but it wasn't that bad. What's better than doing your own laundry? Paying someone a very small amount of money to do it for you.

We take our clothes to the Lavanderia just up the street, they weigh your clothes, give you a little receipt, you come back at the end of the day, everything is clean and folded. All for about 60 pesos (a little more than 5 bucks). Of course this cost will vary based on how much you bring in but still, worth every penny.

I've had the opportunity to scuba dive three times this week, today saw a beautiful sea turtle and a HUGE barracuda, some lobsters, eels, and my new favorite - the parrot fish.

Tomorrow - if all goes as planned - I will be diving with bull sharks. I am not freaking out (yet) but I am also not planning on spending any time looking at shark and shark attacks online tonight.









2 comments:

  1. Hopefully with more time in Mexico you will sweat less? Maybe there is a correlation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping, Cristian actually said when he moved from Mexico City to Cancun he was hot all the time. Took him like 3 years to adjust. Hopefully it won't take me that long or I'll just plan on being a sweaty mess the entire time I'm here.

    ReplyDelete